What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files that a site, when visited, introduces to the computer or mobile device of users, using the Internet browser (or browser).
- Cookies allow a portal to recognize the device the next time the user visits it.
- Cookies do not collect information that identifies the user. The files only include general data: how netizens come to the portal and use it or the region of the country / countries through which they access the site are examples.
- Cookies retain only information related to the Internet user's preferences.
At any time, through the browser, it is possible for the user to be notified about the receipt of cookies and prevent them from entering the system.
However, refusing cookies may make it impossible to access certain areas of the site or to send personalized information.
What is the function of cookies?
Help determine the usefulness, the interest and the quantity of uses of the portal. Therefore, there is a faster and more efficient navigation and it is not even necessary to always write the same information.
What cookies can we use?
- Essential Cookies: These are critical to entering certain areas of the portal. They allow you to browse the site and use your applications. Without essential cookies, services that require it can not be provided.
- Analytic cookies: they are important in analyzing how visitors use the site and in monitoring its performance. They enable a high quality work, because they personalize the portal offer and efficiently identify and correct any issues that may arise.
Performance cookies are an example. Through these files, we can know which pages are the most popular, which method of connection between pages is the most efficient or Why some pages receive error warnings.
Based on the use of the site, we also use these cookies to highlight articles or services of the portal that we believe are of interest to users.
- Feature Cookies: These are important to remember user preferences so you do not have to reconfigure the portal with each visit.
- Permanent cookies: they are important because they remain stored in the browser and in their access devices (mobile, pc and tablet). They are used when a web surfer visits the portal again. Usually, they guide the navigation according to the interests of the user, having a more personalized service.
- Session cookies: they are important because they stay in the browser until the site exits. With the information of these cookies, it is possible to identify problems and provide quality navigation.
Yes. Just follow the instructions in the "How to manage cookies" section.
Keep in mind that blocking cookies prevents parts of the site from working properly.
For statistical purposes, our newsletters may include a single pixel, through which we know if they are open and confirm the clicks with the links within them.
The user can always deactivate sending the newsletter in his personal area.
How to manage cookies
By managing the settings of your browser, you can accept, decline or delete cookies.
If cookies are disabled, some Internet services may malfunction. Navigation on the site will be affected in part or in full.
By default, cookies are all allowed, but you can adjust this setting. If cookies are blocked or set on the page being viewed, an icon is displayed at the end of the address bar.
Here are the steps to follow:
O You should click the Chrome menu, located on the browser toolbar;
O Must select the category 'Definitions';
O Click "Show advanced settings";
O You should click on the "Content Settings" button when you reach the "Privacy" section;
O You must select the alternative "Block definition of data by sites".
O You must change the following cookie settings in the "Cookies" section:
-Block cookies by default;
-Allow cookies by default;
-Keep cookies and website data by default until you leave the browser;
-Create exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains.
Note that there are different levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Google Chrome. Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click the "Tools" menu and choose the "Internet Options" option;
- You must select the "Privacy" option;
- You should move the bar to the top and find the "Block all cookies" alternative.
Note that there are different levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Internet Explorer. Get more information.
- Click on the "Tools" menu;
- You must select the "Options" option;
- Click on the "Privacy" option, which is located on the top panel;
- You must disable the "Accept cookies from websites" alternative in the "Cookies" section;
- You must click "OK" for the changes to be saved. Then just close.
Note that there are different levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Mozilla Firefox. Get more information.
- You must click on "Edit";
- You must select the "Preferences" option;
- You should choose the "Privacy" alternative in the top panel;
- You must choose the "Never" option in the "Accept cookies" section;
Note that there are different levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Safari. Get more information.
- You should look in the "Help" menu on your browser;
- You should instead contact the browser vendor.